“Self-Love is the greatest medicine” – Anonymous
You are loved by so many! But do you know who should also be loving you? It’s YOU! Self-Love should be an essential part of your life.
Practicing self-love can be hard sometimes, especially if we’re constantly on ourselves about the littlest things.
This is something I’ve learned to implement daily. I was always so hard on myself for wanting to be perfect. And I was fearful of everything especially when it came to going after what I wanted.
But it wasn’t until I started on my personal development journey, that I realized, that self-love plays an important role in one’s life. This is because, in order to love others or things you do, you should be able to love yourself.
Ever since learning that, I’ve made it almost essential to practice self-love almost every day. And it’s helped me break-through many barriers of fear and doubt that’s led me towards my dreams.
What is Self-Love?
Self-love is ”the state of appreciation for oneself that grows from actions that support our physical, psychological and spiritual growth” as defined perfectly by Psychology Today.
It isn’t about being full of yourself, it’s about being in a state of gratitude for who you are. More so, It’s being your own happiness’ support system.
Why is self-love important?
It’s important because you deserve to feel good about who you are and enjoy your life. No matter what shape or form, your life is made to be embraced.
And if love for yourself isn’t there, then it can be replaced by some other negative emotion.
The practice itself doesn’t have to be a grand ordeal. Because in all actuality even the smallest of acts of self-love can make a huge difference.
Here is a list I put together of 50 ways to start practicing self-love. Of course, there are thousands of other ways you can start practicing. But this will give you more of an idea of where to start (if you’re unsure where to start).
50 Ways to Practice Self-Love
- Pamper yourself
- Talk to yourself as you would to someone you care about
- Write out 3 things you are grateful for every day
- Declutter your mind with a 10-minute meditation
- Plan a getaway
- Pace yourself with tasks for the day
- Be Kind to Yourself
- Give Back to your community or to a charity
- Create a vision board
- Replace negative thoughts with positive ones
- Go for a walk
- Take a scenic drive
- Read an inspiring book
- Write out your goals
- Eat your favorite meal
- Buy yourself flowers
- Take a road trip with someone you’re close to
- Write a list of things you love about yourself
- Explore your city
- Unplug from your electronics for a day
- Take a nap
- Dance like nobody’s watching
- Try a new hobby
- Try something new
- Hangout with the people who inspire you
- Throw yourself a party
- Go to the spa
- Buy yourself a new outfit
- Watch your favorite feel-good movie
- Journal your thoughts
- Listen to your favorite podcast
- Take a yoga class
- Write out the 10 things you love about yourself
- Try a new recipe to make
- Unwind and soak in a bubble bath
- Enjoy the little things
- Try a new restaurant
- Have a really good exercise session
- Organize your room
- Sleep in
- Tell yourself that you believe in yourself
- Take a day to do nothing & just relax
- Listen to music
- Burn a good smelling candle
- Drink more water
- Be off social media for a day
- Write out a list of new habits you want to have
- Clean out your closet and donate old clothes
- Slow down and be mindful
- Enjoy being you
In conclusion, I hope that this list gives you a little boost to start your own journey of self-love. Since the practice of self-love can make such a difference in your life and well-being. And It will help you grow and become more self-aware.
Even if it’s just doing one of these practices a day, it will help you come closer to your true self. And ease the battle between you and yourself.
I’d love to hear from you, comment below or contact me letting me know what are some of the ways you practice self-love!